Sunday, January 11, 2009

My First Thanksgiving

For Thanksgiving we spent the day at Grandma and Grandpa's house in Bradenton with Aunt Wendy and Wendy's roommate, Chevy. Nana had just gotten back from Guatemala so she came also but Papa Steve was bringing the boat back with crew so he spent Thanksgiving in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico.

Nana and I spent the morning watching the Macy's Day Parade and making our first baby food for Trey. Many of my Mommy friends had told me that purees were simple so I decided to give it a shot and they were right. In honor of Thanksgiving we started with pumpkin and butternut squash. As you will see below the butternut squash was a real hit.

Unfortunately Thanksgiving weekend we realized that Trey had caught a bug and we ended up in the doctors office on Monday morning and found out that Trey had bronchitis and an ear infection. The little guy was a real trooper as you would never have known that he was that sick but we spent the next week at home on a nebulizer which was not fun.


Trey's teachers made him his Indian headdress at school so we picked up Nana from the airport in it to give her a good laugh.

Trey did not find the Macy's Day Parade as exciting as Mom and Nana

Hanging with Mom and Dad

Hanging with Nana

My first taste of butternut squash - Yummy!!

Clearly my first veggie was a hit.

Napping with Dad on the Hammock

A shot of my first two teeth




No comments: