Sunday, August 3, 2008

Week Eight in the Life of Trey


Trey's eighth week was a very busy week. We started off the week in Jacksonville Beach so that Jimmy could work in the office (the actual company office instead of his office at home). We took Trey into the office and everyone loved him of course. On Monday night we went to dinner at my favorite place in Jax Beach, Cruisers, and had dinner with our Jax friends Mike and Aaron and Dana and their daughter Laila.


Trey's surf outfit that he wore to Dad's office which is right on the beach so it seemed only fitting

One of Trey's future girl friends, Laila

Trey fell in love with Mike instantly and curled up on his shoulder and went to sleep

Check out the sweet whale outfit courtesy of Ellen

On Tuesday we headed through Gainesville where we picked up our friend Allison so that she could attend our girls night out. Thursday night Allison and I headed to Melting Pot and Jimmy was left at home to watch Trey on his own. The boys had a great time hanging out together and although I missed them terribly, I am not sure they missed me.

On Friday Allison, Trey and I traveled down to Bradenton to have lunch with my old college roomate (and a friend from high school) Meredith and her son William and mom Sandy. It was really great to catch up with Meredith and her son William is precious. On Friday night, Eric came to pick up Allison and I am going to miss her company this coming week.


On Saturday night my twin, Cara, came to visit Trey for the first time and she fell in love instantly with Mr. Trey's big cheeks. Cara and her husband Wade have finally tired of Miami and are moving back to Bradenton. I am so excited as that means that we will get to hang out on a regular basis and Jimmy is excited to have a new fishing buddy (so Wade if you are reading this get ready).

Trey with his "Aunt" Cara


Today not only was it Trey's eight week birthday, but it was also Grandpa Ellis' birthday. Not only did we have those birthdays to celebrate but also this Wednesday is Grandma Ellis' 60th birthday, so to celebrate we had a late lunch at Cheesecake Factory. Trey decided to use the opportunity to take a nice long nap in his carrier.

After such a busy week, it will be nice to just lay low this coming week. We are going to try to put Trey in his crib although I really do not want to as I like to be able to look next to me in the middle of the night and see that precious face. As I have said a million times already I cannot believe that my baby boy is growing so fast.


Happy Birthday Grandpa and Grandma

Can you believe I am 8 weeks old?

No comments: