Thursday, February 21, 2008

Thanksgiving in Virginia

Well after getting back from California on Saturday, we then packed our bags again to head to Virginia on Thanksgiving morning. We arrived at Rory and Kim's just in time for turkey (thanks to them for cooking the whole excellent meal). It was so nice to be able to spend the holiday with Rory, Kim and Dylan as with them being so far away family time is few and far between.


The next day we got up and Rory took us on a tour of his carrier, the USS George Washington. I cannot even begin to explain how impressed I was with the ship. I knew that it was going to be big but I had no idea how big. Although on the opposite scale the bunk that Rory sleeps in is perhaps the smallest thing I have ever seen. I would explain it as sleeping in a coffin. At the end I was even more proud of my brother and what he does for our country.





The next day we went to Williamsburg and just walked around and saw the sights. It was a lot different than I remembered as a little kid when I thought it was much more impressive but the history of it was still interesting. Dylan enjoyed being outside and looked so cute in his hat :o)





The rest of the time we just hung out and ate (what we always do well together). The Florida/FSU game was that weekend so we watched the gator game together while grilling out. When Monday morning rolled around none of us wanted to leave.

No comments: